Get up to $5,000 towards down payment and closing costs
The First Front Door (FFD) program assists low-income, first-time homebuyers with their closing costs and down payment. For every $1 contribution made, $3 in grant assistance is provided, up to a maximum of $5,000 for qualified borrowers. Ardent Credit Union is a participating member of FFD through FHLBank Pittsburgh. Funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Grant Program Qualifications for Homebuyers
- Must meet one of the following criteria:
An individual who has not owned a home within the past three years
An individual who owned a home jointly with a spouse but not individually within the past three years
A married couple if either has not owned a home within the past three years.
- Contribute personal funds toward the down payment or closing costs
- Earn total annual income at or below 80% of the area median income
- Cannot be a student working less than 30 hours per week
- Complete at least four hours of homeownership counseling prior to purchasing the home
- Agrees to maintain the home for five years to retain the full amount of the grant. If a sale occurs before the five years expire, a portion of the grant may be required to be repaid
Eligible Property Types
- Single-family homes
- Manufactured homes (eligible if permanently affixed to site)
To secure your FFD funds, speak to one of our mortgage specialists, email email@example.com or call 215.569.3700 ex 75405