Check out our employee benefits
If you're dedicated to upholding our high standards of member service and you're interested in a Pennsylvania credit union career, we want to hear from you. We offer tremendous opportunities throughout our branches, and you'll appreciate all of our valuable employee benefits.
- Integrated medical and Rx plans are provided by Independence Blue Cross (IBC), the largest health insurer in Greater Philadelphia.
- The High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) allows employees to become more proficient healthcare consumers through either a $2,000 single or $4,000 family in-network deductible. Ardent provides ½ of the annual deductible through pro-rated monthly Health Savings Account (H.S.A) deposits.
- The Direct Point of Service (DPOS) plan covers employees with a traditional co-pay structure, but incorporates a non-aggregated deductible for services that are primarily considered the most expensive medical care, such as hospitalization and surgery. Ardent provides a $2,000 single or $3,000 family Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) benefit for applicable expenses over the deductible.
- For new employees, medical/Rx coverage begins the 1st of the month following a 30-day waiting period.
- Ardent provides dental coverage through MetLife, under their PDP Plus Network.
- Preventative services covered at 100% with no deductible
- Basic services covered at 80% & Major services (including dental implants) covered at 50% after the annual deductible has been satisfied ($50 single or $150 family)
- Annual benefit maximum is $2,000 per covered member
- Orthodontia services are covered at 50%, to a lifetime maximum of $1,000 per covered member under the age of 19
- Ardent provides vision coverage through VSP.
- The once per calendar year eye exam copay is $10.
- The plan also provides benefits for frames, lenses, contacts, as well as discounts on Rx sunglasses and laser vision correction.
Pricing Transparency Tool
- Through a partnership with Compass Professional Health Services, Ardent provides healthcare pricing and quality information on doctors, facilities, procedures, and much more.
- Compass also acts as your advocate by utilizing a personal health advisor who can meet your needs by, not only coordinating care with your doctors and scheduling your tests, but also helping you with healthcare related issues you may not have time to deal with – billing reconciliation, unbiased doctor recommendations, precertification, referrals, etc.
Flexible Spending Arrangements
- Healthcare Flex Spending Accounts (HCFSA) feature pre-tax benefits and allow employees to defer up to government max ($2,600 in 2017) from their paycheck to pay for qualified medical expenses.
- Dependent Care Flex Spending Accounts (DCFSA) allow employees to defer (on a pre-tax basis) up to $5,000 from their paycheck to reimburse for those qualified child care expenses.
- Short-Term Disability provides salary continuance of 50% of pay for employees who become sick or injured and cannot return to work for a short period of time, at no cost to employees.
- Long-Term Disability provides financial protection of 66.7% of pay for employees who are considered disabled and cannot return to work for a long period of time, at no cost to employees.
- Group Term Life Insurance (GTL) provides no-cost life insurance coverage at 1 times the employee's annual salary as well as a benefit under an Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) rider should the employee experience a specific injury during an accident.
- Voluntary Life Insurance is available through Allstate for employees seeking extra protection for themselves, their spouse, and/or dependents.
- A percentage of your compensation can be deferred on a pre-tax or post-tax basis (ROTH).
- Your contributions can be invested in a multitude of mutual funds through our 401(k) provider, Vanguard Investments.
- Ardent’s employer match is at a rate of 100% on the first 3%, and 50% on the next 2% (a full match is 4% on a 5% employee deferral).
- Ardent’s match is deposited to employee plans on a biweekly schedule and is fully (100%) vested immediately.
Parking and Transportation
- Subsidized (Center City) parking for those working at Ardent’s headquarters or Spring Garden branch. Parking at all other locations is free for those employees.
- Up to $70-per-month subsidy for employees who regularly take public transportation to work.
- Ardent encourages employees to develop knowledge and skills beyond in-house training by allowing for reimbursement of up to $6,000 per year in qualified job-related tuition expenses.
- Employees are eligible after six months of employment.
Paid Time Off
- Ardent covers employee absences under a generous PTO policy.
- Annually, up to 37.5 hours of unused time can either be paid out or rolled over.
- Other time-off benefits include jury duty, bereavement, military leave, family medical care and all federally recognized holidays.
- Ardent provides a flexible schedule benefit to those who are looking to balance career responsibilities and family needs.
- Flextime eligibility can be discussed during the onboarding process.
Ardent CU Membership
- All employees, their relatives, and household members are eligible to join.
- Take advantage of lower rates on loans and higher rates on savings accounts
- 37.5-Hour Workweek
- 1-Hour Lunch
- Direct Deposit
- Service awards
- 1st Friday Breakfast
- Employee Events and Holiday Party
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Professional Organization Membership
- On-site Nutritionist
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- Matching charitable gift donations
*Ardent Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer